Monday, October 20, 2008

Things that MADE MY DAY for Monday!


#1 My cousin Valerie found out today she is having a boy! Valerie is my only girl cousin on my mom's side and we are close. Her mom and my mom are sisters and they too are very close. So obviously, Val having a baby at 31 is very exciting for all of us! She and her hubby Rick celebrated their ONE YEAR anniversary today, too!
#2 I got a parking permit for the lot in front of my building again. I've been on the waiting list for over a year and while I have worked in that building for 12 years, I still got kicked out of the lot during the Health Center renovation. I finally got it back.
#3 My boys (all 3) and I carved an amazingly cute pumpkin tonight! I LOVE the look of pumpkins glowing on the front porch! Our's is called Jack Flack and he has a funny little crooked smirk on this face!
#4 I cooked a good meal, with yummy black-eyed peas, creamed corn and BBQ chicken! It was yummy if I say so myself.
#5 I finished pulling together my halloween costume for a party Saturday night! I think it's going to be pretty darn good.
#6 I got hit from behind on the way to work today (No, that's not the good news) and before 9:30, I had already heard from the lady's insurance company, gotten an estimate on the damage to my back bumper, gotten a rental car reserved and gotten an appointment for tomorrow to get my durango fixed. AND I NEVER made a single call! The lady used Progressive and I must say, I was very impressed with their service and how the handled the claim (so far.)
#7 AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST... Tomorrow is mine and Derek's 13th wedding anniversary!
THANK GOD and everyone that has ever supported us and helped us get this far! It's been an amazing journey so far and I can't wait for the next 13 plus!

No comments: