Friday, August 8, 2008

One Knotch Up the Coconut Tree...


We survived day 1 of kindergarten and 3rd grade with very little tears or drama. According to Cody's teacher, he had a good day and his clothes pin got moved one knotch up the coconut tree. When he moves six steps and reaches the top, he gets to go to the goodie basket. Day 2 started with the 'I don't want to go to school' talk, but hopefully that will subside after a few weeks. (fingers crossed!)
Thank God today is Friday! It's been a busy week at work for me and with the back to school blahs, its been stressful, too. I had to run an errands after work today and since I was going to be driving by one, Derek requested a Pizza Hut pan pizza. Well, as luck with have it, this place was an absolute ZOO! I was there about 15 minutes before the lady behind the corner could even take my order. Orders were getting messed up, lost completely, rang up wrong, the whole nine yards. The lady behind the counter even tired to give me someone else's change, and I hadn't even ordered yet! It was a mess. When she finally was able to help me, she apologized and said they were really busy and that it had been like that since 10:00 that morning and she had been working since 9:00. She looked beat up and exhausted, but she was trying to keep a smile on her face. When it came time to pay, I asked her if she could take tips, she said yes, and I gave her a tip. Nothing life changing, just $5, but she just beamed and looked like she might cry and said 'thank you maam so much.' Then I said a prayer for her while I waited for my pizza. I knew the prayer would help her much more than the money, and it kept me from getting angry at the whole situation. I was tired and ready to go home, but this gal was busting her butt at Pizza Hut, getting chewed out by folks left and right (one lady was actually YELLING at her when I left with my pizza) for probably minimum wage and probably had a whole lot more problems than I do. I knew I had no right to be feeling sorry for myself for waiting on a pizza for 30 minutes!

I can't say for sure, but I hope that somewhere God moved my clothes pin one knotch up the coconut tree, and her's too...

No comments: